Too Many Good Things Out There Not To Share Them With You!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We love apothecary jars!

I used to have the prettiest apothecary jars in my bathroom. That was until a sweet husband of mine dropped two of them and they shattered into a million pieces over the tile bathroom floor. Don't you just love when that happens. It took forever to get those little glass pieces up. I have not been able to replace them because I got them on sale at Kirkland Home so you can guarantee they won't be there now. That's why I was pretty excited to see this fun little project from The Shabby Chic Cottage. I have to admit I am a little jealous I didn't think of it myself but no matter, as long as I can get them. 




Here's How:
It took me forever to find the perfect candlestick, because I wanted one that looked simliar to the turned wooden ones that I adore.



Just remember to leave it alone for 24 hours (that's always the hardest part).



Then you get a beautiful jar. Mine was $4 - $2 for each piece. You can get cheaper components if you look hard enough.


They don't have lids like mine did but they are pretty inexpensive. So have fun making these things and I'll be thinking about what I can do next with this fun idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment